Makes 4 Servings
**Double the recipe to make 8 servings and freeze some for later.
3 medium Yukon gold potatoes, chopped into cubes
1 medium- large sweet potato, chopped into cubes (size of whole hand)
10 brussels sprouts, chopped in half
1 onion, chopped well
1 litre of chicken (or turkey) stock from Local Source OR low sodium stock from your local grocery store
4 italian sausages from MacNeil’s Farm, chopped into pieces
1 tbsp Italian herb blend (season to taste)
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, removed from stem
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add a bit of oil to a large pot and bring to a medium heat. Add chopped onions for 5 minutes before adding potatoes, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts (and other vegetables of choice) and the stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover and simmer.
2. Meanwhile, preheat a pan to medium heat with oil. Add chopped sausage and cooked until brown, about 10 minutes.
3. Check the potatoes and once tender, add chicken sausage, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and fresh thyme.
4. Heat all ingredients together for a few minutes and season to taste.
5. Serve with a slice of whole grain bread or high fibre crackers.
**Note: The stew will thicken over night for a heartier feel AND it makes fantastic leftovers to bring to work or school.